Reflection Photoshoot 2014:
Self-love is a state of appreciation for oneself that grows from actions that support our physical, psychological and spiritual growth. Self-love is dynamic; it grows by actions that mature us. When we act in ways that expand self-love in us, we begin to accept much better our weaknesses as well as our strengths, have less need to explain away our short-comings, have compassion for ourselves as human beings struggling to find personal meaning, are more centered in our life purpose and values, and expect living fulfillment through our own efforts.
7 Step Prescription for Self-Love.
1. Become mindful. People who have more self-love tend to know what they think, feel and want.
2. Act on what you need rather than what you want. You love yourself when you can turn away from something that feels good and exciting to what you need to stay strong, centered, and moving forward in your life, instead.
3. Practice good self-care. You will love yourself more, when you take better care of your basic needs.
4. Set boundaries. You’ll love yourself more when you set limits or say no to work, love, or activities that deplete or harm you physically, emotionally and spiritually, or express poorly who you are.
5. Protect yourself. Bring the right people into your life. I love the term frenemies! It describes so well the type of “friends” who take pleasure in your pain and loss rather than in your happiness and success.
6. Forgive yourself. We humans can be so hard on ourselves.
7. Live intentionally. You will accept and love yourself more, whatever is happening in your life, when you live with purpose and design.
Take these with you into 2015!
Thank you CliftonMacdreamy Jr Anderson for capturing my beauty so eloquently💋